Can I qualify for US federal student loans (financial aid)?
I completed my FAFSA but have not heard back from the school. What do I do now?
Student loans and grants are the way many U.S. Citizens and legal residents cover their school and living expenses. If you already have an undergraduate degree, which most Miami Ad School students do, it is most likely your federal loans will generally cover most, but not all, of your entire tuition cost. Alternative funding or private loans are how most students cover the difference in financial aid coverage.
Financial need for federal loans is calculated by the Department of Education based on the answers you provide on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Subsidized and unsubsidized loan programs require the filing of a FAFSA. Deadlines for the FAFSA are 30 days before your start date but we encourage you to start the process much sooner.
Download the steps to the FASFA process.
I am financially independent, my parents do not support me. Why is FAFSA asking for my parents' information?
We have an automated system to process a FAFSA application. You must complete a student financial aid interview on the school's website. Without the financial aid interview we will not be able to process your FAFSA. Here is the link to the financial aid interview. https://miamiadschool.vfao.com/
I received grants during my undergraduate, why can't I get them now?
The Department of Education considers a student to be "dependent" based on the student's age. The questions that determine whether you are a dependent or independent on your FAFSA are questions 48 through 60, if you can answer yes to any of these questions, and provide the necessary documentation, then you are considered to be an independent student and you will not be asked for you parents' information.
On my award letter it says that the funds will be disbursed after the quarter starts, will I be charged a late fee on my tuition?
Under the Department of Education's FAFSA guidelines, if you have already obtained a bachelor's degree or higher and you re-enroll in an undergraduate level program, the school cannot award Federal Pell Grants regardless of a student's financial need.
Why is my US financial aid only for three quarters? Can I get financial aid after my 3rd quarter?
You will not be charged a late fee. Once you receive the award letter we post the funds on your student account; you are only responsible for any remaining balances.
How will the funds be disbursed?
Yes, qualifying students can receive financial aid for their entire time at Miami Ad School. Traditional financial aid covers two semesters at a time which is equivalent to a scholastic year of nine months. Miami Ad School operates on a quarter system, so three quarters is the equivalent of the financial aid award year. This means that during your third quarter you will renew your financial aid for the 4th, 5th and 6th quarters and finally, in your 6th quarter you will renew for your 7th and 8th quarters.
Contact Cheryl Seichrist. She has all the answers.
Phone: 305.538.3193 option #2
Are there private loans available for US citizens?
Once your FAFSA has been processed you will receive, by email, a financial aid award letter. Once you receive the award letter, the funds will be posted into your student account as a pending disbursement and will be applied toward your tuition balance. You are responsible for any remaining balances.
I am taking out a private student loan to cover my living expenses, how do I get those funds?
Alternative Funding Sources: These types of loans allow you to borrow for living and school related expenses up to the set cost of attendance. To qualify for these loans you must be a US citizen or permanent resident and have good credit. You must also be attending a Miami Ad School location within the United States.
Miami Ad School does not endorse any one lender. Each lender has a different loan approval criteria, fees and re-payment structure. We recommend you contact the lenders listed below and make an informed decision on which lender is best for you.
Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan: 866-972-5004
Sallie Mae Parent Loan:844-827-7478
Contact Cheryl Seichrist. She has all the answers.
Phone: 305.538.3193 option #2
Is there financial aid for the international students?
Private student loans are disbursed directly to the school. We will set up the disbursement dates for 10 days before the scheduled start of a quarter. Once we receive payment from your lender it will be processed and a check will be issued in your name within 10-14 days of processing. Accounting will contact you when your refund is available.
Are there any scholarships?
The U.S. Government does not extend student loans to international students. But, if you're Swedish you're in luck! The Swedish government provides financial support to its citizens studying abroad.
Scholarships are available to Miami Ad School students during different times of the year. These scholarships do not have an open enrollment period. All students will be notified when a specific scholarship becomes available. For further questions contact Cheryl, the Director of Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ad Fed Scholarship: Open to all incoming and current Miami Ad School students who are US citizens. Award is $1000; deadline is late summer. https://enter.americanadvertisingawards.com/a/Organizations/04-MIA/Home
- AAAA Bill Bernbach: Open to all minority students in their second year. Awards up to $5,000; deadline is in the late spring. http://bernbachdiversityscholarship.com/apply-now/applications/
- One Club Patrick Kelly Scholarship: Open to all incoming and current Miami Ad School students. Award is $2,000; deadline is in April.
- Spring 2016 Scholarship Award from Reservation Counter: Award is $1500, check site for deadline. http://www.reservationcounter.com/scholarships/
- Sallie Mae: Scholarships as unique as you are. Learn more at SallieMae.com/ScholarshipSearch
- ChameleonJohn.com: Annual $3,000 scholarship for students in the US. Apply here- http://www.chameleonjohn.com/scholarship
- Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship: The cancer alliance is awarding $4,000 per semester to a student that has dealt with cancer, personally or within their family, in an effort to help them further their education. Apply here- www.mesothelioma.com/scholarship
- The 4A’s Foundation: The Operation Jumpstart Scholarship (OJS) Program was created in 1998 to assist talented multicultural art direction and copywriting students attend 4A’s selected portfolio schools and colleges. https://4a.wufoo.com/forms/zjrtbqj0cl9qff/
- Miami Ad School Minority Scholarship: A scholarship and mentorship program designed for minority students that want a creative career in advertising. http://www.miamiadschool.com/blog/258/200000-in-annual-minority-advertising-scholarships-
- TRUE&CO- The Future is Female: $3000 scholarship for coding, design, marketing or research. https://www.trueandco.com/scholarship
- Azazie Scholarship: $1000 scholarship available for high school seniors and college freshmen and sophomore students, who are accepted or enrolled at an accredited U.S. or Canada university/college during the 2017-18 academic year. Scholarship amount - $1000 http://www.azazie.com/scholarship
- 2017 US Student Scholarship at Airport Rentals: Get a foot in the door of the travel industry and gain invaluable funds toward tuition fees. $3000 financial aid plus a 3 month internship at our company in New Zealand for one lucky US college student. https://www.airportrentals.com/scholarship/united-...
- Fix Your Skin: 3 winners (1000 USD each) for creating compelling content. http://fixyourskin.com/scholarship/
- Internet Marketing Scholarship: Those students who are currently studying in the areas of Marketing, Business, Information Technology, Programming or Communications. One does not require any expertise in this area. Passion for internet marketing content creation is enough. $1,000
- AddictionResource.com: The winner receives a one time payment to cover their educational expenses. (Grand Prize = $2000, Second Prize = $700, and Third Prize = $300) https://addictionresource.com/scholarship/
- DocuTAP: Five annual scholarships to college students. These scholarships require a 500-800 word essay submission, and the winning applicants will receive $1,000.00 dollars toward their costs of education. https://docutap.com/company/docutap-scholarship-pr...
- The Trust Compass: 3 winners (1000 USD each) for creating compelling content. http://www.thetrustcompass.com/scholarship/
- Buenas Opiniones: This scholarship is for graduating Latino high school seniors or currently enrolled college undergraduate or graduate students. The award is $2,500 per year for up to four years. https://buenasopiniones.com/scholarship/
- BestMattressReviews.com: $1,000 scholarship to eligible HS seniors, current college and graduate students in an effort to give back and also promote sleep awareness. http://www.miamiadschool.com/advertising-school/miami/financial-aid
- Maxflow: $1500 game development scholarship - a very creative yet challenging endeavor. http://crazygames.com/scholarship
- Nurture for Nature Scholarship: $1200 scholarship to help raise everyone's awareness about protecting animals and the environment. https://petazi.com/scholarship
- The Realty Medics: $1500 scholarship for the essay winner detailing – What makes a great property management company and what suggestions can you make to improve the industry? http://www.therealtymedics.com/helpful-resources/scholarships/
- ResumeGo Writing Service Scholarship Program: Each winner will receive $3000 towards funding his or her college tuition. Deadline July 1, 2017 https://www.resumego.net/scholarshi
- Helen Lansdowne Resor (HLR) Scholarship: Female creative leadership in the ad industry. Five individual scholarships up to $10,000. Additionally, each recipient will be offered a paid summer internship with a JWT office. https://www.jwt.com/hlrscholarship/
- Tuck Sleep: More than $500,000 in scholarship funding for undergraduate and graduate students. https://www.tuck.com/sleep-scholarships/
- RehabCenter.net: $10,000 in Scholarships Awarded Annually
- ClothingRIC.com: $1000 An annual scholarship reward program for students who show exceptional community involvement at level. http://www.clothingric.com/student-scholarship
- Wondershare Filmora: $1000 Filmora awards scholarships to students from all over the world whose intention is to make a positive contribution to the future of the world.https://filmora.wondershare.com/scholarship/
- Scholarship for Latino Students: Helps prepare its scholars to be the next leaders in their professions and communities.