Everything you need to know to apply
for financial aid in Florida.


You must be a US citizen or resident alien and have not defaulted on a prior student loan.



If you are applying to the joint master's program with Florida International University, you will complete your financial aid through them.

Contact our
financial aid director.
Cheryl Seichrist
Financial Aid Director
 : 305.538.3193 ext: 1005  : 800.858.3190  : Email Me


Over 88% of our students already have college degrees from universities. The problem is their degree didn't lead them to their dream job. Miami Ad School's goal is to provide you with skills, opportunities, experiences and a network of industry contacts you can use to launch your career. So the question isn't "is it worth it?" but do you think you're worth it?

Common questions about financial aid:

Can I qualify for US federal student loans (financial aid)?

Student loans and grants are the way many U.S. Citizens and legal residents cover their school and living expenses. If you already have an undergraduate degree, which most Miami Ad School students do, it is most likely your federal loans will generally cover most, but not all, of your entire tuition cost. Alternative funding or private loans are how most students cover the difference in financial aid coverage.

Financial need for federal loans is calculated by the Department of Education based on the answers you provide on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Subsidized and unsubsidized loan programs require the filing of a FAFSA. Deadlines for the FAFSA are 30 days before your start date but we encourage you to start the process much sooner.

Download the steps to the FASFA process.

I completed my FAFSA but have not heard back from the school. What do I do now?

We have an automated system to process a FAFSA application. You must complete a student financial aid interview on the school's website. Without the financial aid interview we will not be able to process your FAFSA. Here is the link to the financial aid interview.  https://miamiadschool.vfao.com/

I am financially independent, my parents do not support me. Why is FAFSA asking for my parents' information?

The Department of Education considers a student to be "dependent" based on the student's age. The questions that determine whether you are a dependent or independent on your FAFSA are questions 48 through 60, if you can answer yes to any of these questions, and provide the necessary documentation, then you are considered to be an independent student and you will not be asked for you parents' information.

I received grants during my undergraduate, why can't I get them now?

Under the Department of Education's FAFSA guidelines, if you have already obtained a bachelor's degree or higher and you re-enroll in an undergraduate level program, the school cannot award Federal Pell Grants regardless of a student's financial need.

On my award letter it says that the funds will be disbursed after the quarter starts, will I be charged a late fee on my tuition?

You will not be charged a late fee. Once you receive the award letter we post the funds on your student account; you are only responsible for any remaining balances.

Why is my US financial aid only for three quarters? Can I get financial aid after my 3rd quarter?

Yes, qualifying students can receive financial aid for their entire time at Miami Ad School. Traditional financial aid covers two semesters at a time which is equivalent to a scholastic year of nine months. Miami Ad School operates on a quarter system, so three quarters is the equivalent of the financial aid award year. This means that during your third quarter you will renew your financial aid for the 4th, 5th and 6th quarters and finally, in your 6th quarter you will renew for your 7th and 8th quarters.

Contact Cheryl Seichrist. She has all the answers.

Email: cheryl@miamiadschool.com
Phone: 305.538.3193 option #2
Skype: cheryl_mas

How will the funds be disbursed?

Once your FAFSA has been processed you will receive, by email, a financial aid award letter. Once you receive the award letter, the funds will be posted into your student account as a pending disbursement and will be applied toward your tuition balance. You are responsible for any remaining balances.

Are there private loans available for US citizens?

Alternative Funding Sources: These types of loans allow you to borrow for living and school related expenses up to the set cost of attendance. To qualify for these loans you must be a US citizen or permanent resident and have good credit. You must also be attending a Miami Ad School location within the United States.

Miami Ad School does not endorse any one lender. Each lender has a different loan approval criteria, fees and re-payment structure. We recommend you contact the lenders listed below and make an informed decision on which lender is best for you.

Private Lenders:

Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan: 866-972-5004
Sallie Mae Parent Loan: 844-827-7478
KHEAA: 800-928-8926
Regions: 800-858-7822
PNC: 800-762-1001
Suncoast Federal Credit Union: 800-999-5887

Contact Cheryl Seichrist. She has all the answers.

Email: cheryl@miamiadschool.com
Phone: 305.538.3193 option #2
Skype: cheryl_mas

I am taking out a private student loan to cover my living expenses, how do I get those funds?

Private student loans are disbursed directly to the school. We will set up the disbursement dates for 10 days before the scheduled start of a quarter. Once we receive payment from your lender it will be processed and a check will be issued in your name within 10-14 days of processing. Accounting will contact you when your refund is available.

Is there financial aid for the international students?

The U.S. Government does not extend student loans to international students. But, if you're Swedish you're in luck! The Swedish government provides financial support to its citizens studying abroad.

Does Miami Ad School participate in the Florida Prepaid College Plan?

Yes, students can use Florida Prepaid College Plan funds to attend Miami Ad School.

Are there any scholarships?

Scholarships are available to Miami Ad School students during different times of the year. These scholarships do not have an open enrollment period. All students will be notified when a specific scholarship becomes available. For further questions contact Cheryl, the Director of Financial Aid: cheryl@miamiadschool.com


How to Apply Online

Step 1 - Download and complete the application.

Step 2 - Schedule a question and answer session.

Step 3 - Show us your creative samples and complete the creative assignments.

Step 4 - Send in your application, creative samples, and application fee.


Each program has different requirements.
Tell us a little about you.